Membership in UConn’s Alpha Phi chapter of Phi Lambda Upsilon (PLU) has many benefits. At UConn, you may begin participating in PLU-run activities during your first semester. If all requirements are met, graduate students may become official members during the induction ceremony held during the Spring semester.
As a member of the UConn chapter of PLU, you are eligible for various benefits exclusive to PLU members. Those benefits include but are not limited to:
- Travel grants awarded at the national and chapter level
- Social events sponsored by PLU
- National recognition
- Networking options for post-doctoral positions and jobs
- Choice of a distinguished chemist to speak at UConn
- This includes meals, socializing, and networking with the invited speaker
If you are interested in joining PLU, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and year of graduate work (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.).